Hello World!
Hello World!
Welcome to what I hope to be a place where you can learn, be inspired, grow with your walk in the Lord, find new recipes from the garden, and learn garden tips. There will be a lot of mixed content, all though related to gardening from what the good Lord has blessed us with. Visit often--comment regularly and follow along!
Why Ambrosia Roots? The Ambrosia Cantaloup is special to me as it is one that my Pop Pop grew when I was young. What a special man he was and I hope that a little bit of him lives on through me and that my children would feel they knew him by my actions. He was a Godly man, one who was mild and meek and loving of his family. I have heard he was stern in his classroom and expected your best. He endured a lot--with the loss of a wife in a car wreck when my Dad and Uncle were young. Fortunately, he was able to remarry and got to spend many years happily married to my "Grandma Elsie". This story wouldn't be possible if it weren't for him taking time to spend with me and take me into his fields. He was known as the Strawberry farmer in the spring, and had the best Cantaloupes in the summer! There were plenty other produce such as tomatoes, corn, okra, watermelons, cucumbers, and many others. (We even grew large pumpkins one year when I was young...more on that at a later date as I am going to attempt a Giant Pumpkin this year!). Hence the first part of "Ambrosia Roots". My roots go deep and I want to carry on a legacy of a Godly man, one who loves his family and one that can grow food to provide! Ambrosia has a strong meaning. In Greek mythology it means "food for the gods." (Not that I am into Greek Mythology, but I do find the meaning interesting!). It also means "a very pleasant food" which I plan to sometimes share interesting recipes along the way. I'm working on creating a fun great tasting hot sauce, discovered I could freeze cantaloupes and then made them into an interesting and really good smoothie, as well as many more tips and tricks to using up those veggies and fruits we love!
Roots. What comes to mind when you think of roots? I have many thoughts when it comes to roots. Roots are the life source of plants and trees. Roots anchor plants to the ground. Roots are where you come from and who you are. Rooted firmly in Christ should be our daily mission.
'He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does he prospers. Psalm 1:3 (ESV)
It was beautiful in its greatness, in the length of its branches; for its roots went down to abundant waters. Ezekiel 31:7 (ESV)
Likewise:
And they have no root in themselves but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecutions arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away. Mark 4:17 (ESV)
But when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, the withered away. Matthew 13:6 (ESV)
Don't be the person whose roots are shallow. Whose roots are dead, as they aren't getting the nutrition from the Word of God. It is easy to do. It is easy to get into the grind of daily tasks and not read our Bibles and not talk to God like we should. We get out of His Will because we aren't listening to Him and in touch with what he wants. We miss the Great because we are chasing the "Good". I am guilty. I am convicted. I get caught up with all the rat races that I fail God. I fail me. I fail my family because I don't spend enough time seeking God. Just as a garden if you don't tend to it, the weeds will take over. A garden won't produce fruit without nutrients, water, and tending to it! Just as our spiritual lives won't produce fruits unless we tend to it. How do we get out of this rut? Prayer--pray to our Father that he will place a fire inside of our hearts that we can't get enough of Him. Pray that we aren't satisfied unless His words are pressed upon our hearts each day. Instead of turning on another reality show that is filled with junk, or another trending Netflix show that is filling our minds with more trash and nothing that is uplifting God. (Not saying we can't enjoy a good show, but we need spiritual tending each day so we can produce abundant fruits). The time is now. Don't wait or put off until tomorrow. Be rooted in the Lord as he is our anchor.
So keep coming back! Keep Reading and follow the journey. Each post will be different. One post may be tending to our spiritual walk or one may be how to grow cantaloupes. Please comment on things that you want to learn about--lets keep the content fresh and interesting. I hope each of you have a blessed Day. Get up--tend your heart, tend your gardens and tend your family.

Comments
Post a Comment